Happy Birthday Dad! How old are you, 29? Ok ok, that’s not passable. 35?? Ohh just kidding. You’re not old enough to be making “old” jokes…I think you have to qualify for the Ross Senior discount before that happens! Plus, grey hair is kind of cool now…
I think I turned out to be a pretty good mix of mom and dad. While I don’t really look like either of them, there are many things about me that are very “mom” and other traits that are totally “dad”. For instance, my stubbornness is all from dad. My appetite? Dad. My soft-spot for cheesy movies like Drumline? Definitely dad.
This post could go on forever because there are many other things that I love and appreciate about my fasha. Here are some of the highlights:
– He makes all my friends feel like family.
– He’s my biggest fan. He supports me in everything I do, even if it’s not his first choice.
– He’s pretty sappy. (My second-grade science project STILL travels with him throughout his many offices at Microsoft.)
– He’s adventurous and has taught us to value traveling and seeing/experiencing unfamiliar cultures.
– He takes my mom on vacations and dates.
– Family is and will always be his number one.
– I know that he’s always praying for us.
Maybe one day I’ll have kids, and they can inherit some of these traits from Gung Gung (uhh creepy to write that out). Let’s be real…maybe one days Nats or Jord might have kids and my cute nieces and nephews can learn these things from Gung Gung. :o)
Love you Dad, H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y!